Pages

Wednesday 1 April 2015

Trenches

Screenshot 2015-04-01 at 11.47.10 AM.png


Walt: make trenches from World War 1.
We had to work in groups to make the trenches. I worked with Shanelle and Lauren. First we drew a plan of our trench in our books. We were given playdough to make the model. The model had to include sandbags, food, gun and rats. I made the periscope and bed, Shanelle made the food, dog and rat and Lauren made the sandbags. The easiest part was to make the sandbags. The hardest part was to paint the trench because we didn’t want to break it. I enjoyed working as a group and look forward to working with a group again. I learnt that trenches are deep narrow holes that the soldiers had to stay in to keep them safe. I also learnt that dogs were very useful in the trenches because the dogs had to chase the rats. I want to learn the story behind Easter next.

0 comments:

Post a Comment