Pages

Friday 3 April 2015

Write A Letter To My Parents

Walt: write a letter.

Suez Canal Camp,
Gallipoli

April 1918

Dear mum and dad.
How are you all? Don’t worry because I’m okay, I’m here to say that I miss you all and I hope you are all okay. In my short little rests I think about you.

The weather was slightly different here because there was a storm that came 2 days ago. It was very cold and it got everything wet. My blankets were all cold and muddy. I had to sleep with leaves and grass on my bed. It was very uncomfortable. The day after the storm was a bit warmer because the sun decided to come and the mud dried up.

For dinner well, you know what soldiers eat. I ate canned corn beef and soggy bread and for dessert I had wet biscuits. The food is okay but you know I don’t want to starve. Mum, if you can. Can you send me your lovely fresh cookies please?

I have been making lots of new friends and at the same time I have been battling the enemies. I haven’t been awfully injured but a little bruise had happened. While I was hiding from the enemies I didn’t look where I was going and tripped over a huge rock. Thanks to my friend, she had a first aid kit and use it to heal my bruise. The bruise is fine now.

I haven’t been shot or anything but you know I have been training to use a gun properly. Dad, don’t worry because I know how to handle a gun now. I’m not scared anymore.

If you can, please reply. I love you and you will always be in my heart. I will see you in a few months time, but for now please take care.
Miss you very much.

Your Loving
Daughter,Yazmin.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

That is good that you are making more friends your more lucky then me i haven't got that much friends and one of my best friends have moved he's french

Unknown said...

I like you blog very much it's very good

Post a Comment